Thursday, January 03, 2013

Too late to make Halloween Observations?

When I saw this Halloween display at MacDonald's, it made me start thinking how a 3 or 4 year old kid might react to it, as he is given a cup by his mom and told to go to the soda filling station and choose a drink.

IMAG0191

I have to congratulate whoever set up this decoration, it certainly is scary and vibrant, however just put yourself in that kid’s shoes and think about how he might react.  Maybe kids today are used to this sort of thing now, who knows?

Another example of Halloween art in its Mexican style is this fabric displaying Day of the Dead motifs:

Day of Dead

Speaking of riotous colors!  At least the swooning female is clothed, other depictions I’ve seen of Aztec warriors bearing maidens show more real estate.  I especially like the guy in the sombrero with the tequila shot glass.

No comments: